Last night I was working in Google Blocks and for the life of me, couldn't select my extrude tool. It sucked enough not being able to turn to the right in VR Chat because I could turn left a few more times but by last night, my controller finally progressed to a point of unreliability.
I found this handy thread on Reddit written by 'With_Hands_And_Paper'. A huge thanks to him for this as I ended up fixing both controllers (both had issues at the 12-5pm positions). First one took about 25 minutes, the second less than 10 and unlike the guide's author, I wasn't missing the rubber
- Torx Screwdriver TX5 (with a long head if possible)
- Cross Screwdriver 0 (the smallest you got)
- Rapid Glue (I used Loctite glue for plastic which is very expensive but any kind of rapid glue should do the trick)
- Duct Tape
Hope it works out for you!